Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Hello Life, Goodbye Columbus ...

Is this Day Two? Seems like Week Two! It has been very interesting visiting Columbus this time of year. What little sunshine, clean air, sweet smelling freeshly mowed grass, old hardwood trees and Blue Spruce I have experienced have been very nice.

The Ohio Emergency Management Operations Center is where we have been staging the recovery operations and it is a state of the art facility with large screens and looks a lot like Mission Control in Houston.

I move north tomorrow to be my area of media work, and the rest of the FEMA group moves further NW to set up the Joint Field Office.

So I will get a good look at rural Ohio beginning tomorrow and for the next few weeks as I make my media rounds.

The towns along the north side of Columbus were established in the early, early 1800's and the houses along the roadways are really old and stately...sourrounded by old forests...very neat.

What is also, well, enchanting from an Old American way is the town of Worthington. The main street is a north-south street called High Street. It was named High Street because, well, the east-west streets slope down hill from High Street.

So, in the meantime, I will finish my third episode of Law & Order in a row and then catch some shut eye. So...let's see, where is my blue blankie for nite-nite. Jameh, where did you put it? :-)

No comments: