Friday, October 19, 2007

'twoo Blave......wins!

The polls have closed and I see a growing tendency that my viewing habits are a little predictable. 52% thought that I would watch A Princess Bride over and over again, 35% thought it would be Lost Horizon, 17% thought the Lord of the Rings trilogy would keep me entranced, and I have a deep suspicion it was Navid's lone vote that I would be spell bound by King Kong (the original version). The vote for King Kong was the first vote cast!



Hummmm, could be a difference between those voters who know me now, and those who know the deeper inner me (indeed, a scarry place to dwell).
I think that, perhaps, I would watch Lost Horizon for ever by myself, and A Princess Bride with people. Lost Horizon kept me glued to the set when I was a kid, and the intro to the book says it was one of the first anti-war books and subsequent movie of last century. King Kong, the original, is one of my favorities and I watched it and Lost Horizon once a year, several times a weekend, when KCMO TV in Kansas City played it like Turner movies plays the same old movie back-to-back. My mother could plug me into a chair or with a blankie and pillow on the floor and there I would stay all weekend.

And, LoR is certainly a favorite when watching with a crowd.



So thanks for the interest and I will query you further on matters of extreme importance later.

:-)

No comments: